In this post we will discuss the syllabus, sample papers for Class VIII NTSE Main Exam May 2011. The results for November 2010 NTSE Stage 1 are published for most states. The admit cards for stage 2 exams will be sent to selected candidates by NCERT. The stage 2 exam will be conducted on May 8, 2011 across various centers in India.
Question Pattern & Syllabus
The NCERT main exam has 2 main sections. MAT (Mental Aptitude Test) and SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test). Each section will consist of 90 multiple choice questions. MAT section will evaluate candidate’s analytical and judgment skills. SAT section will have questions from Mathematics, Social Science and Science.
Good Books for Preparation
We have identified 2 good books for NTSE preparation. They have lot of sample questions that gives good insight to NTSE pattern.
- NTSE Class VII Book from Tata McGrawhill. Discounted price is Rs. 315. Buy the book online.
- NTSE Preparation Book from GK Publishers. Discounted price is Rs. 260. Buy the book online.
Top tips for Main Exam
- Practice as many questions as possible. You can practice the questions from the books mentioned above. Make sure you solve all the sample questions from NCERT.
- For additional practice you can work out questions from this site.
- It is good to work out more MAT problems as such questions will need time to solve. If you practice before hand it will be easy for you to solve MAT problems.
- Keep refreshing frequently asked SAT questions.
- MAT will be the first paper in the exam. SAT paper will be followed by a 5 minutes break. Make sure that you attempt both sections in time. It is good to practice sample papers under examination conditions.